Sunday, October 24, 2010

Nutella-Almond Pound Cake

*Adapted from a recipe on Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals TV show


While working out one day at our apartment's gym, I was waching the Food Network and saw this idea on Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals show. So I decided to try it out! Here's how you do it:

Use store-bought loaf pound cake (or I just used a mix and made my own, since all the stuff at the store was pre-sliced). Slice the loaf in half lengthwise. Spread Nutella (or any hazelnut spread) over the loaf, then top with toasted sliced almonds:

Reassemble the loaves like so:


Then slice it up and top with whipped cream and berries, if desired. Rachel Ray made some sort of orange whipped cream, so I used heavy whipping cream and added some orange zest, then whipped it up and served with raspberries. I liked it with the berries, but for some reason the whipped cream wasn't my favorite. I actually preferred the pound cake without it. But anyways, this was a yummy, easy dessert idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment