Sunday, October 3, 2010

Bernard's Bistro


I know I haven't done many restaurant reviews on here lately. I have tons from our California trip that I need to do, but I'm skipping ahead and reviewing this restaurant we ate at on Friday night. It's Bernard's Bistro, located at Lake Las Vegas (love this area). It's Mediterranean food, and was really good. We started off with the escargot, which was probably the best escargot I've ever had. The garlic sauce was awesome, and the escargot weren't super chewy like they usually are.
I ordered the seafood in lobster creole sauce, and it was so good! The seafood was prawns (huge!), oysters, and scallops. It came with yellow squash ravioli, which were also really good. The lobster sauce was over everything, and it is what really made the dish. I was even dipping the bread in it! Jack ordered the filet mignon which came with fries. The steak was pretty good, but not the best ever. The portion size for both dishes, but particularly Jack's, seemed fairly small to me, but in a way it was just perfect. Enough to fill you up, but not a tons of food like most restaurants give you these days.
The atmosphere was great. We ate out on the patio (weather was good), and there was live music (Fab, a Beatles tribute band). So that was fun. That's why we went in the first place - to hear the band, so we picked this restaurant since they had outdoor seating and you could listen while you ate. And I love the Lake Las Vegas area - it's made to look like a little Italian village, plus it's on an inlet of Lake Mead.
The service, however, was HORRIBLE. They got slammed with a huge party of 50 before we came, so we had to wait a little while for a table even though there were open ones. This was no big deal, but then our waiter was just plain bad. I think the service is usually better, though.
Food: 4.5 stars (because of Jack's steak; if it was all about my food, I'd have given it 5 stars)
Atmosphere: 4.5 stars
Service: 2 stars
Would I got back? Yes, and I'd just hope for better service. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment