Sunday, October 3, 2010

Mock Chocolate Macadamia Toffee

*Recipe and photo from MelsKitchenCafe.com



Mock Chocolate Macadamia Toffee
adapted from a recipe found on steamykitchen.com

½ box of graham crackers
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup sugar
2 sticks butter
1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 ounces roughly chopped macadamia nuts

Preheat oven to 350F. Line a lipped baking sheet with a layer of tin foil (I used an 11X17 baking sheet). Arrange a single layer of graham crackers in the pan without overlapping. In a small saucepan, melt butter and add the sugars. Whisk to dissolve. Let boil and simmer for 5 minutes on low. Very carefully pour mixture onto the graham crackers, working quickly with a spatula to even out the layer. Bake 10 minutes. Remove and evenly spread out the chocolate chips and leave it to melt for 5 minutes. Using spatula, spread the melted chocolate evenly. Top with chopped nuts. Let cool. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Break into pieces.

How it went: I totally forgot to take any pictures! So the photo above is from the website where I got the recipe. This was super easy; probably the most time-consuming part was chopping the macadamia nuts.

My take: Definitely a recipe worth repeating. So easy, and really good. It really has that yummy toffee taste, plus all the chocolate on top doesn't hurt, either.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Katie...this made me think of you: (Nutella Buttercream Frosting, oh how I wish I could have one of these!!)

    http://sourkrautkrafts.blogspot.com/2010/10/peanut-butter-surprise-cupcakes.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That frosting does look amazing! I will be adding that to my "to make" list... :)

    ReplyDelete