Sunday, October 4, 2009

Wallaby's

We recently tried out the new Wallaby's in Provo. This is a chain, and I think they have a location in Lindon. It's a barbecue restaurant, but more of a "fast food" version of barbecue. We ordered the pulled pork and brisket platter, and our sides were mashed potatoes with cheese and black beans with rice. I really liked the potatoes, and the black beans and rice were pretty good. My problem was the meat. When I get barbecue, I want the restaurant to serve it with sauce on it already. I think that's part of what you're paying for - their expertise in putting the sauce/flavoring on the meat. This was the "dip your meat in the barbecue sauce" style, so I wasn't a huge fan. But that being said, their barbecue sauce was really good, and the pulled pork was good, too. The brisket was also good, but had lots of fat on it.

Food: 3 stars
Atmosphere: 1 star
Would I go back? Maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment