Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Pizza Factory

My dentist gave me a gift certificate to the Pizza Factory (for making me wait 30 min to be seen, then telling me it would be another 30 min if I wanted to wait, but I guess I'm not reviewing dentists here which is a good thing...) Anyways, on Friday night we went and got dinner there, and surprisingly enough, this was our first time eating at the Pizza Factory even though we've lived in Provo for years.

I saw everyone getting their twisty breadsticks, so we ordered a garlic parmesan one to share. I'm glad I learned from everyone else, because this was definitely the best part of our meal. It was really good. We also got some garlic cheese bread. I love this stuff, but their version wasn't a standout. My favorite is at the Brick Oven. Yum! Anyways, for our pizza we got a triple topping: pepperoni, Canadian bacon, and sausage. Jack put it best as we were eating it: "This tastes like Red Baron pizza." Yeah, the frozen stuff. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't really good either. We had three pieces left over when we were done, and we didn't even get a box. And that's saying a lot for us! I think we should have ordered one of their specialty pizzas - I have to assume that would have been better than what we got, but I'm still skeptical because our pizza was just not very good. I don't think we'll ever go back, unless I'm really wanting their breadsticks or want to try out their cinnamon breadstick. But a return visit would definitely not be for the pizza! Maybe I can just order a few breadsticks to go. :)

Food: 2 stars
Atmosphere: 3 stars
Would I go back? Maybe, but only for the breadsticks

1 comment:

  1. I know it's called Pizza Factory, but I pretty much always eat their pasta. If you decide to go back and give it another chance, then here's what you should order...

    Lunch Special
    1/2 ceasar salad
    1/2 pasta...I love the bowtie pasta with alfredo sauce and veggies (broccoli etc.)
    breadtwist
    upgrade to the raspberry lemonade - to die for!

    Their desserts are also delish!!

    ReplyDelete