Sunday, June 21, 2009

Surprise Chocolate Chip Cookies

For a date night last weekend, Jack and I picked out a dessert recipe from a cooking blog I like to get recipes from (Watcha Got Cookin'?), and then bought the ingredients and made the dessert together. We picked these Surprise Chocolate Chip Cookies. Here's the recipe:

Surprise Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 tubes of chocolate chip cookie dough
30 Snickers miniatures

Cut dough into 15 pieces. Place a Snickers bar in the middle of each piece and wrap dough around it, covering completely. Place on cookie sheets (I always put foil on my cookie sheet to prevent sticking, and I only bake one pan of cookies at a time). Bake at the temperature specified on the dough wrapper (I believe the temperature for Nestle dough is 375 degrees) for about 15 minutes.

These were super easy, and they turned out to be pretty good. I might make them again if I want an easy treat, or if I had a little kid that wanted to help make something. But these aren't to die for or anything.

There were lots of other dessert recipes on this blog that I want to try out: Chocolate Truffles, Ribbon Ice Cream Pie, Crater Cake, and Strawberry Whipped Sensation. And The Deathly Dessert sounds awesome, but you'd need lots of people to help you eat it. Looks like I've got some ideas for future date nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment