Friday, June 12, 2009

Moab Restaurants

I was excited to try out some good food places in Moab when we went there a few weeks ago. I'll be honest: I was pretty disappointed. We did have some good food, but I guess after Hawaii and New York I had some pretty high expectations! Here's where we ate:



1) Buck's Grill - This place has a well-known chef and is supposed to be pretty nice. I tried out a locate favorite: Buffalo Meatloaf. I wanted to get something different and really get a taste of what this restaurant is like. The meatloaf was okay - a little too sweet for my liking, and not as good as I thought it might be since it's a local fav. Jack got ribs, which were really good. His fries were also great! Then we got dessert: cheesecake brulee. Jack absolutely LOVED this stuff. One of his all-time favorite desserts. I thought it was good but wasn't freaking out over it. Overall, I'd say this restaurant was pretty good. The service was great and you can tell the food is good quality. I'd recommend this place to anyone going to Moab.



2) Zax - I actually really liked this place, though from looking at reviews online I can tell lots of people don't. Anyways, I got some sort of garlic parmesan pizza, and it was really, really good. Jack got a sandwich (I can't remember what kind), and he liked it. We got dessert of course - a chocolate cookie with ice cream on top. It was really good! Not as good as Oregano's pizza cookie, but close! I'd also recommend this place, although I don't know how the buffet is. We just ordered from the menu.



3) Eddie McStiff's


Ironically, this is the only place I got a picture of, and it's also the worst place we ate. It was our last night in Moab, and we were a little sick of eating out. We'd been thinking about going to Center Cafe, but it was pretty pricey and I sometimes am hesitant about fancy, expensive food - it's just not that great. Plus, honestly we didn't want to spend tons of money. So we decided on Eddie McStiff's, and I just did not like it. I got a steak/shrimp combo, and Jack got a sandwich I think (again, I can't remember what kind). My steak was pretty good, but the shrimp was probably the worst shrimp I've ever had. There was hardly any seasoning, and the seasoning it did have tasted like burned food rather than a char-grilled flavoring. The water tasted gross, and our waitress did a horrible job. We pretty much ran out of water, and some other waitress was kind enough to come fill our glasses. Needless to say, I would NOT recommend this place.

4) Moab Creamery - This was a small little place right by Eddie McStiff's. I was a little disappointed because their menu listed sweet crepes (cinnamon sugar, fruit, nutella, etc.), but when we tried to order this we were told they only serve these until 3pm every day. Boo! So we just got ice cream cones, which were good. I got chocolate chip cookie dough, and Jack got cherry chocolate chip. He doesn't even like cherries! But he said none of the other flavors looked good, so he went with this since the people there recommended it. Jack said this flavor was okay - the best an ice cream with cherries could be. :) This place was pretty good overall, but next time I'd like to get crepes. Ever since those awesome crepes and gelato at Expressamente Illy in Vegas at the Palazzo, I'm sold on crepes!

To try on my next trip to Moab: Center Cafe, crepes at Moab Creamery

No comments:

Post a Comment