Sunday, June 21, 2009

German Pancakes

I'v heard people talk about German pancakes (aka volcano pancakes) before, so I looked up some recipes on the web and we made a few last Sunday.

This is right after I pulled it out of the oven - it falls pretty quickly. We put powdered sugar on this one. So good!


This is the remains of our cheesy one. This was also very good.

Here's the recipe:


GERMAN PANCAKES

1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs
dash salt
dash cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. While oven is preheating, melt 1 tablespoon butter in 9-inch square pan by putting it in the preheating oven.
2. In large bowl, using a wire whisk, beat together: 1/2 cup milk 1/2 cup flour 2 eggs dash salt dash cinnamon

3. Pour batter into 9-inch square pan that has the melted butter. Put it back in the oven.

4. Bake for 12-15 minutes.

5. Serve with powdered sugar or syrup. (Some people like to put lemon juice on it as well as the powdered sugar.)

I left the salt out of the sweet one we made (the one we topped with powdered sugar), and I added more than just a dash of cinnamon to the batter. It was really good. Then for the cheesy one, I didn't add any cinnamon and did more than a dash of salt. These are super easy and so good - it's a week later and I've got one in the oven now! :)

1 comment:

  1. german pancakes are one of my favorites! i'm glad yours turned out, especially the first time! yum

    ReplyDelete