Thursday, August 26, 2010

Chicken, Tomato, and Fresh Mozzarella Ravioli Salad

*From Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade

Chicken, Tomato, and Fresh Mozzarella Ravioli Salad

1 (9 oz) package refrigerated four-cheese ravioli (or you can use the frozen kind as well)
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 (8 oz) package fresh mozzarella ball, torn into bite-sized pieces
1 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
1/2 t. sea salt
1/2 t. ground black pepper
3/4 C Italian dressing

1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, and rinse well with cold water, tossing to cool.

2. In a large bowel, combine cooked pasta, chicken, mozzarella, basil, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with dressing, and toss to coat. Serve immediately.

My take: Good, mostly because it has fresh mozzarella in it, but not great. I love fresh mozzarella! But I thought there was too much Italian dressing, so next time I'd put it on the side or only use 1/2 cup. I also added grape tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment