Wednesday, August 12, 2009

El Salvadorian Restaurant

There's this great El Salvadorian Restaurant on Center St. in Provo (and really I think that's the name of it). My sister and her husband introduced us to it, and we ate there again just a few weeks ago. It's great because you can get such good food for a cheap price.

My favorite is the pork and cheese papusa. Yum! It's a great corn tortilla filled with...pork and cheese of course! It's only like $1.60, and you could eat two and be filled. They also have something similar to an empanada (I think they call it a pastelito). It's really good, but a little heavy.

When we went last time, we got a few papusas (always a good idea), a chicken tamale which was good, and a carne asada steak dinner. We'd never had the carne asada before, and I thought the flavoring was really good. The meat was a little tough and dry, but still good. The papusas are still my favorite!

In summary: great value, good food (great papusas)

No comments:

Post a Comment